Friday, 4 June 2010

'Dead in Paris' by Paul Baggaley

It’s late in the evening and I’m still alone,
I look through the window at world moving below,
My thoughts turn to you now and wonder how you are,
Are you still in Paris or have you moved with the stars.

But I know,
It all ends so much faster than you’d ever know.
I couldn’t say,
A single word to you to stop this again.

I sit in the dark now awaiting your call,
And I know you have left so the phone won’t ring at all,
Never thought you could hate us the way that you did,
You ruined the surprise now and took away my only gift.

But I know,
It all ends so much faster than you’d ever know.
I couldn’t say,
A single word to you to stop this again.

Life as we know is a lesson we learn,
Just to take slowly or regret as you burn,
And as the memory fades,
I need you to know I suffer more everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment